Posted December 19, 2017
Maximize Your Tradeshow Experience
Getting the most from a tradeshow can be a challenge. Statistics show 39% of all tradeshow attendees spend less than eight hours visiting a show. As we head into a busy few months of agriculture tradeshows, here are some tips to help you maximize your tradeshow experience.
- Consider what you want to accomplish before, during and after the show. What do you want to learn more about or investigate at the show? Such as new clubroot resistant canola varieties or what’s new in grain handling.
- Read through any tradeshow materials such as the show guide before the show. Use this knowledge to make a plan for attending the show. Include a list of must see booths and want to see booths.
- Hop online and spend a little time researching the companies you’d like to visit at the show. This will give you a better idea of what you can learn from them. And you’ll have useful questions to ask.
- Decide how much time you want to or can spend at the show and then schedule the must see booths first and allocate the remainder of your time appropriately.
- Consider making appointments with those exhibitors you really want to meet with. If you’d like to meet with a certain company rep contact him or her before the show and set a time to meet.
- Get a map of the show floor and prioritize your route. Walking a tradeshow can be exhausting. Wear comfortable shoes and lightweight clothing.
- Use a note pad or your phone to take follow-up notes from your booth visits.
- Collect only the information brochures that are valuable to you.
- Remember that sometimes booth staff simply don’t have the answers to your questions. If so, ask who you should contact for follow up. And be sure to follow up after the show.
- Stay hydrated. Tradeshow buildings are often dry and hot.
Having a clear plan of action will ensure the time you spend at a tradeshow is a worthwhile investment.
Visit us at these upcoming shows:
Want to stay caught up in all things agriculture? Sign up for the newsletter and get all the latest news straight to your inbox.